Here is a step-by-step guide about how to unlock Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using unlocking codes to work on any GSM Network.
After a long wait, you finally got your hands on it, but, unfortunately, it’s locked. Don’t worry, as you’re about to find out how to unlock your Samsung Galaxy Note 8!
This guide contains everything you need to know for a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 unlock: where to procure the code from, what is the process flow, as well as instructions for how to enter the code on your phone.
Don’t worry, the whole process is a very simple one, it will only take you a couple of minutes and you don’t have to have any technical skills at all!
But why should I unlock it after all? Ah, glad you asked…
You will have numerous benefits if you unlock Galaxy Note 8, like the freedom to use your Samsung with any network carrier around the world. This includes AT&T, T-Mobile, Vodafone, Claro, Orange, O2, SFR, Fido, TIM, Telus, Rogers and many others.
Besides this, you will also be able to avoid expensive roaming fees when traveling abroad, by using a local SIM, and you will increase the sell value as well, not to mention that an unlocked phone is always easier to sell. Sounds pretty good, right?
So, let’s get you started on this short tutorial about how to unlock Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Step 1: Where do I get the unlock code?
You will obtain the unlock code from www.unlockunit.com, an online platform for unlocking mobile phones, including the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. It’s a guaranteed and professional service, used by thousands of people that need to unlock their phones, from all over the world.
Step 2: What is the process flow?
Here’s what you have to do to get the unlock code:
1. Go to UnlockUnit.com. Here you will find an order form, which needs to be filled with some details.
2. In the yellow box enter the IMEI of your phone. This is a 15 digit number that is unique for each phone. You can find it by dialing *#06# on your phone. The unlock code that you will receive totally depends on this IMEI number, so be sure to fill in the correct one.
3. Select the country and network your phone is locked to. Attention! Do not select the network where you want to use your phone now, but the one that you originally bought your phone from.
4. Fill in your email address where you want to receive the unlock code. Be sure to correctly write your email address, otherwise the unlock code will be sent to a wrong address.
5. Make sure you check the Terms and Conditions (also available here) and check the box confirming that you’ve read them. Then, click Add To Cart.
6. The last step is payment. You can pick from three different prices, depending on how fast you want the code. Also, there are two payment methods you can use to purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 unlock code: PayPal or Credit Card. Pick the one that is most convenient for you and proceed to payment.
Once the order has been placed you will receive a confirmation email and after a while you will receive the unlock code for your Galaxy Note 8.
You can also check out our video and see how the whole process goes:
Step 3: How do I insert the code to unlock my Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- Insert a SIM from a different carrier in your phone, different than the one you’re currently using.
- Wait until your phone reads “Enter Unlock Code” or “SIM Network Unlock Pin”.
- Using your keyboard, type the unlock code into the blank field and tap the “Unlock now” button.
- The message “Network Unlock Successful” will be displayed.
If your phone does not ask for the unlock code and it only says “Network Locked” then, as if making a call, dial: #7465625*638*#. Once prompted for code enter the unlock code and your phone will be unlocked.
How to Unlock a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 8
If you own a Note 8 locked on the Magenta carrier’s network, the procedure is slightly different, but the results is exactly the same!
Everything is done through the Device Unlock App, which you should already have on your phone, without using any codes. In order to unlock it, you need to follow these steps:
- Check the status of your phone and make sure it’s registered as Unlocked or Eligible in T-Mobile’s database, which enables you to use the app. More details about what makes a phone Eligible for unlocking can be found here.
- Place your order using www.unlockunit.com and wait for their email, confirming that the phone’s status in the T-Mobiel database was changed.
- Insert a T-Mobile SIM in the phone and turn on your Wi-Fi connection.
- Open the Device Unlock App, select Continue, then Permanent Unlock. In a few moments, your Note 8 will reboot and will be unlocked.